Thursday, December 27, 2007

Welcome to Class!

Hello and welcome to Computer Applications! In this class, you will be learning the basic functions of personal computers and how they work. This class will help you become ready to perform all the daily tasks that might be asked of you in college or technical courses and your future professions.

I am posting all information that you will need to be successful in this course to this blog. I hope you will take the opportunity to accelerate your learning, as it is easily possible to complete this course in less time than the 18 weeks provided if you work deligently each day.

I am looking forward to getting to know each of you through this semester. Since you will all be working at different paces, my job will mostly be to provide you direct support with specific topics as you approach them. My classroom has several different classes in it at all times, so it is difficult, if not impossible, to do a lecture format. At times, I will address the class as a whole to discuss more complex topics, and we will also watch some videos as a class that deal with computing in the modern world.

I will be posting all of your necessary materials (with the exception of some texts available on my bookshelf) including syllabus, pacing guides and projects/examples of former projects.I encourage you to check this blog daily, from both school and home if possible, as it will be my main form of communication with you outside of the classroom.

Have a great semester!

No comments: